Quaggy Children’s Centre, Orchard Hill, SE13 7QZ
3 hours per week
Quaggy Development Trust offer a range of services for children and families in the west of Greenwich and North Lewisham. We run an area of Children’s Centres, Counselling Services, Older People’s lunch clubs, as well at two youth clubs.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
We would appreciate a volunteer to help with data entry, alongside other staff and volunteers to help make sure the activities we do across our Children’s Centres are reported on digitally.
As with every other aspect of volunteering across the trust, we would aim for this to be an enjoyable experience, and one that you would be able to get some personal development from. We would love to hear from any potential volunteers who are eager to gain experience in this area.
This particular role would involve using a computer and inputting the information from paper sheets onto a database.
Operate as a good team member alongside staff and other volunteers
Engage with all in a positive manner
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- To be IT competent
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Where relevant to a volunteering role, we would ensure that you have a free enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- Travel expenses to and from the cafe.
- An induction
- Where relevant, safeguarding training as a minimum
- You would always have other team members present to support you
- Regular, 1:1 meetings to ensure the volunteer role is working well for both Quaggy Development Trust and yourself.
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- A reference after 50 hours of volunteering, which you could then use to apply for relevant jobs
- Volunteer training courses
- Volunteer Certificates
- Being engaged and helping build your community
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131