Stone Circle, Hilly Fields Park, Brockley
Saturday 8 June – A minimum of 2 hours shift from 8am-8pm
Now in its 18th year, Brockley Max is a fantastic community arts festival celebrating local talent, and encouraging the imaginative use of different venues across Brockley, Ladywell, Crofton Park and Honor Oak Park.
What will the 2019 festival consist of?
- Nine days of great events from Friday 31 May to Saturday 8 June
- Our opening event ‘Brockley Max Opening Night’ on Friday 31 May from 4pm to 10.30pm by Brockley Station will feature live music and dance performances
- Our Art In The Park on Hilly Fields on Saturday afternoon 8 June featuring children’s art workshops, a live stage, a craft market, performances and food.
- Wonderful and varied arts events that are the rich mix of local talent and genres from across the area!
For sights and sounds from previous years check out these links:
- Morning (8am-12pm)
- Monitoring car park and directing stall holders
- Preventing motorists from blocking access to the park
- Generally helping with setting-up of equipment and facilities
- Proactively dealing with crowd related problems, including maintaining state of calm to minimize any injury
- Preventing unauthorized access to restricted areas by attendees
- Provide help and support to the emergency services in event of a major incident
- Actively ensuring the health and wellbeing of all the attendees
- Reporting any anti-social behavior, illegal activity or potential dangers to workers or volunteer co-ordinator
- Dealing with queries about lost property and lost children
- Picking up litter
- Keeping port-a-loos topped up with toilet paper
- Selling wristbands for magical marquee
- Selling raffle tickets and handling stickers to ticket-buyers
Early evening and Sunday morning (6-8pm and 10am-12pm)
- General help with break down of equipment and facilities
- Litter picking
- Able to take responsibility for your own work and work unsupervised
- Confident talking to the public
- Able to be polite and courteous
- Comfortable handling cash
- Willing to work as part of a team and cover agreed set of hours
Appropriate Induction and Briefing period will be provided.
Face-to-face, phone and email communication during the duration of volunteering period. Feedback forms will also be provided.
We’ll feed volunteers who work for more than 4 hours
Volunteers will be provided with a Brockley Max T-Shirt
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Gain festival experience
- Gain customer service experience
- Meet new people
- Enhance CV
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131