Mayow Park Sydenham, SE26 4SS
Friday 26 July – Sun 4th August 2019
Time commitment is flexible but ideally we would like stewards to attend at least 1 or 2 performance. The shows start at 2:00 pm on each performance day and finishes at 3:30 pm approximately. Back-stage crew members would be required from 1:00 pm latest, and may be expected to remain for another 30 mins after show finishes to clear up, pack away scenery & props etc.
It would be ideal if the back-stage crew were able to attend the two rehearsal days at the park on Wed 24th & Thursday 25th July from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm .
Spontaneous Productions Ltd. We are a professional theatre company and events organiser.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
A ‘promenade production of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland will take place over 10 days between Fri 26th July – Sun 4th Aug. There are 8 performances, starting at 2:00 pm and finishing appox 3.30pm between these dates (no shows Mon 29/Tue 30 July). We need back-stage crew members to assist the creative team and cast with setting up scenery, props etc. The cast may also require assistance with costume changes.
During performances, back-stage crew members will be expected to
- help move items from location to location, and to manipulate certain scenery items.
- As the production takes place in multiple locations, the crew will move between sites with the cast and creative team, to ensure each scene is set up.
- At the end of performances, they will be responsible for ‘striking’ the scenery and prop items. This means safely dismantling items and storing them away in a storage space.
- We expect to need a minimum of two back-stage crew members for each show, ideally as many as 4-6
- Physically fit and able,
- an interest in theatre and live performance an advantage.
- No prior experience necessary as training will be provided.
- If volunteers do have prior experience of stage-management then we may invite them to lead the back-stage team.
Training and Support Offer
Training sessions at ‘meet & greets’ before and during the rehearsal period. On the two park-based rehearsal days on 24th and 25th July, volunteers who are available will be invited to attend a ‘technical rehearsal’ and ‘dress rehearsal’ so they can see how the show works, the locations used, and practice moving from site to site, with guidance from the creative team’s leader Jonathan Kaufman (producer/director) and the set and costume designers Sally and Jackie.
Travel expenses will be provided by prior agreement only.
Refreshments will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
Learn new skills, meet new people and make new friends, outdoor activity, support a community-based not-for-profit theatre company, satisfaction from being part of an exciting live event. A very good addition to your CV!
Email director/producer Jonathan Kaufman directly at email@example.com
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131