We expect this to be a mix of being based at our branch in New Cross and be being based at home.
Main Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Head of Community Fundraising to develop our community fundraising activity further. This is a new role and there is considerable scope to shape the role. Like virtually every role in Samaritans it is a volunteer role. You may looking for an opportunity to apply your organisational and project management skills in a new environment? You may be looking to make a switch to working in the third sector? This could be a great opportunity to build your CV and work towards a world where fewer people die by suicide.
Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark Samaritans (LGSS) is an independent charity, with its office in New Cross. We are part of the national Samaritans network of over 200 branches whose shared vision is to reduce the incidence of suicide by supporting people in distress and crisis. We have around 130 volunteers who provide round-the-clock support to people who call, text, email or visit our branch. Our volunteers take on all the tasks needed to keep the branch running, from leadership, recruitment, training, fundraising, publicity and admin. to delivering outreach with local partners and prisons.
- To take the lead in planning, organising and supporting LGSS community fundraising efforts. The aim is to have an annual calendar – containing our established events and developing a few more opportunities in our three boroughs. The aim is also to give us permission to say “no” to some opportunities and focus on doing the things we decide to do really well.
- To lead on the delivery of regular planned fundraising events (e.g. annual Christmas collection)
- To support the Director and Leadership Team in broadening our volunteer offer further in recruiting, training and supporting a group of dedicated community fundraising volunteers.
- An interest in fundraising for Lewisham Samaritans. Ideally you will have some Fundraising experience however an interest and enthusiasm to learn is more important.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to organise, manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant fundraising law and practice OR willingness to gain that knowledge
- Ability to develop new ideas, be creative and communicate those ideas
Travel & Expenses
All out of pocket expenses related to the role will be reimbursed by the branch in line with the branch expenses policy.
Recruitment & Selection Process
Please apply with a CV and a short (1 page) expression of interest setting out why you are interested in the role, what you can bring to it and what you hope to get out of it. Please send this to Lewisham.firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions please get in touch with Sonja at Lewisham.email@example.com
Please complete the Volunteer Survey Form to apply. If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131