All of our opportunities take place on a week day (Monday – Friday 9am-5pm), so are not suitable if you work full-time. We have a number of local opportunities so can find the one that best suits your availability. We do ask for a minimum commitment of 4 months
Digital Unite is a leading provider of training and support services to Digital Champion volunteers working in organisations across the UK.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
A Digital Champion is someone who helps others to understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how. Digital Champions do a range of simple things like:
- Teaching someone to use Google or a web browser
- Showing a beginner how to set up an email account
- Helping someone to use the internet to research and plan care
- Explaining computer terms and internet jargon
Volunteers will be matched to a project where they will need to commit 2-3 hours a week to providing support to learners on a 1-2-1 basis. This may be on a computer or on the learners own mobile device.
Skills & Experience Needed
- A good basic knowledge of computer devices
- Are you are a good communicator and enjoy teaching people new skills?
- Adaptability and willingness to learn
Free online training and quarterly face-to-face training
The chance to part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
Rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done.
Some of the courses are CPD accredited
Free DBS certificate
Travel expenses reimbursed
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Free accredited training
- Certificates and Mozilla open badges
- Access to mentor support
- Meet new people in the local area and work with a small team
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131