Various Locations – Lewisham Borough
4 hours every week for a minimum of 12 months
Mosac has been delivering unique support services for the protective parents and families of victims of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) for over 25 years. In a safe environment, we offer free services to families affected by CSA, all of whom are vulnerable with some being excluded, or facing other forms of hardship. We enable families to achieve and sustain an improved quality of life by rebuilding confidence, alleviating isolation, improving well-being and resilience, promoting inclusion and empowering individuals to move on with their lives, with the skills and knowledge to safeguard themselves and their children in the future. Mosac’s services include a national Helpline, Counselling, Play Therapy, Advocacy & Advice, Training and Email support services.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
Mosac are currently seeking Helpline Volunteers to support protective parents and carers of sexually abused children by providing a safe space to talk and share their feelings and needs; provide information and signposting to other relevant organisations/services; and refer the clients to Mosac’s different services.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Take calls on the telephone helpline during the 4 hour shift.
- Fill in detailed call log for every telephone call.
- Attend a mandatory Supervision Meeting every month.
No previous helpline experience necessary.
- To have good verbal, listening and communication skills.
- To be caring and non-judgmental.
- To be reliable, punctual and trustworthy.
- To believe in Mosac values: supportive, non-judgmental, professional, respectful.
- To adhere to confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Be able to cope under pressure.
- If a survivor of child sexual abuse- to have worked through personal healing process
- In depth 10 week training course
- Regular support and supervision
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Make a difference to the lives of families impacted by child sexual abuse
- Learn and develop new skills
- In depth training programme and ongoing support
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131