Outside Brockley Park Station, by the Brockley Barge Pub
Friday 31 May – A minimum of two hours between 8am-11pm
Now in its 18th year, Brockley Max is a fantastic community arts festival celebrating local talent, and encouraging the imaginative use of different venues across Brockley, Ladywell, Crofton Park and Honor Oak Park.
What will the 2019 festival consist of?
- Nine days of great events from Friday 31 May to Saturday 8 June
- Our opening event ‘Brockley Max Opening Night’ on Friday 31 May from 4pm to 10.30pm by Brockley Station will feature live music and dance performances
- Our Art In The Park on Hilly Fields on Saturday afternoon 8 June featuring children’s art workshops, a live stage, a craft market, performances and food.
- Wonderful and varied arts events that are the rich mix of local talent and genres from across the area!
For sights and sounds from previous years check out these links:
- Delivery of notices about the event to local houses
- Preventing people parking cars in the area
- Generally helping with setting-up of equipment and facilities
- Giving out programmes to public at Brockley Station
- Selling raffle tickets and handling stickers to tickets-buyers
- Handing out programmes to the audience
- Actively ensuring the health and safety of all attendees
- Preventing unauthorized access to the restricted areas by attendees
- Providing help and support to the emergency services in the event of a major incident
- Reporting any anti-social behavior, illegal activity or any potential danger to the security of the workers or volunteer co-ordinator
- Picking up litter
- Generally helping with breakdown of equipment and facilities
- Able to take responsibility for your own work and work unsupervised
- Confident talking to the public
- Able to be polite and courteous
- Comfortable handling cash
- Willing to work as part of a team and cover agreed set of hours
Appropriate Induction and Briefing period will be provided.
We will reimburse reasonable amounts that volunteers have to spend on travel and childcare if agreed in advance and on production of receipt when volunteering for us
Face-to-face, phone and email communication during the duration of volunteering period. Feedback forms will also be provided.
We’ll feed volunteers who work for more than 4 hours
Volunteers will be provided with a Brockley Max T-Shirt
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Gain festival experience
- Gain customer service experience
- Meet new people
- Enhance CV
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131