Primary schools in Catford
We ask for a few hours a week commitment for an academic year. Term time only.
Charity supporting children and young people affected by Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties in London.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
To provide a consistent positive adult role model for a child/children in a primary school in Catford. Engage a child through academic support, reading help or a lunch time art club.
Social & emotional skills groups
Arts and crafts activities
In-class one to one support
Literacy and Numeracy support
Sports and team-building sessions
Volunteers will have prior experience of supporting children and young people. Volunteers must be confident, patient, reliable and caring influences in a child’s life, with a commitment to safeguarding children.
All volunteers are subject to a recruitment process including interview, references, induction training and enhanced DBS check.
- Ongoing support from the Team Manager at your volunteer placement and the Volunteer Manager
- We offer ongoing workshops for volunteers to support and enhance their practice
- Travel expenses paid
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Develop self-confidence and creativity in supporting vulnerable children
- Broaden your own horizons and experience other perspectives
- Get support from a network of other volunteers
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131