Based in Old Town Hall, Catford Road, London SE6 4RU
Hours to be agreed
Healthwatch Lewisham is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in England, established under the Health and Social Care Act 2012. Our role is to explore the patient and public experience of health and social care services, in order to influence and improve the design and delivery of services.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
We are currently working to develop a Healthwatch Lewisham Youth Board. The role of the Youth Board will be to represent the voices of young people in Lewisham in relation to health and social care services.
We are looking for a volunteer to help us create our recruitment videos for the Youth Board. The videos will need to be engaging and attract a young audience.
- Researching, filming and editing videos for different digital platforms
- Set up and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio, video recorders, lighting equipment and microphones
- Working closely with staff in order to deliver creative and original ideas and write good quality scripts
- Assisting with the development of promotional material
- Assisting the team with duties seen as appropriate,
- Providing any other reasonable assistance as requested by Healthwatch Lewisham
- Working knowledge of a video editing software and video equipment
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media.
- To be able to communicate effectively and feedback accurately
- Willingness to experiment with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about health, public health and social care services in Lewisham
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Be comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself
- Being able to use your own initiative but be able to ask for help when you need it
- To adhere to the Community Waves governance procedures
- To ensure confidentiality when sharing information with others, observing data protection guidelines, in accordance with relevant legislation.
- An induction,
- Regular updates on fresh information,
- On-going support/liaison with the Healthwatch Engagement and Projects Officer..
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Public transport costs are reimbursed on receipt of a travel ticket,
- Petrol costs are reimbursed at [will need to ask about this] per mile,(Please note: there is no parking available at Community House and parking costs are not reimbursed).
- For those volunteers with us for 4 hours or more in a day there is a contribution of £3.50 towards lunch,
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and gain experience,
- A character reference when required,
- The opportunity to meet new people,
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of Healthwatch Lewisham.
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131