Within the London Borough of Lewisham
Evenings. Times will vary depending on the group volunteers join, but generally between 6pm and 9pm.
Lewisham Scout District has 28 Scout groups across the borough. Nationally there is a waiting list of 55,000 young people wishing to join Scouts, therefore the more adult volunteers we have, the more young people can join Scouting. Scouts is open to young people (Boys and Girls) from the age of 6-18. This is broken down into Beaver Scouts (6-8) Cub Scout (8-10.5) Scouts (10.5-14) and explorer Scouts (14-18)
We are looking for well organised, dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to assist with the operation of Scout groups as leaders and assistant leaders within the London Borough of Lewisham.
This is a brilliant opportunity for somebody to take on a real challenge. Full training is given, including leadership training, safeguarding and first aid. Uniform provided. One of the elements of being a scout leader is working alongside other adults and having the opportunity for personal development.
- To help run a programme of activities for boys and girls aged 6-18. Activities include, outdoor activities, Climbing, archery, camping, making things, new experiences, meeting people, supporting the community, trips out, international trips and much more.
- Ensure safe delivery of the activities.
- Encourage Scouts to take part in residential events.
- Follow financial procedures.
- Record keeping.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with children and adults
- Take responsibility for planning a programme of activities
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Transport expenses
- Training, including: induction, leadership, safeguarding and first aid
- Insurance cover while volunteering
- Must undergo a DBS check
- Provide references
- Wear the Scout leader uniform (polo shirt/scarf) and take the scout oath upon appointment.
Please complete the Volunteer Survey Form to apply. If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131.