Mayow Park Sydenham, SE26 4SS
Friday 26 July – Sun 4th August 2019
Time commitment is flexible but ideally we would like stewards to attend at least 1 or 2 performance. The shows start at 2:00 pm on each performance day and finishes at 3:30 pm approximately. Back-stage crew members would be required from 1:00 pm latest, and may be expected to remain for another 30 mins after show finishes to clear up, pack away scenery & props etc.
Spontaneous Productions Ltd. We are a professional theatre company and events organiser.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
A ‘promenade production of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland will take place over 10 days between Fri 26th July – Sun 4th Aug. There are 8 performances, starting at 2:00 pm and finishing appox 3.30pm between these dates (no shows Mon 29/Tue 30 July). We need stewards to help assemble the audience members in multiple locations in and around the bowling green at Mayow Park.
- We expect up to 200 people, families with young children to attend each performance, so we are looking for 6-10 stewards per show.
- Stewards will be overseen by a Chief Steward, who will know the show, and the procedure for moving the audience to each location between scenes.
- The distances between each location are not long, but the logistics of moving quickly and safely up to 200 people requires a good sense of coordination, organisation, team work, listening skills, and confidence when dealing with the public
- Organised, good team player, friendly, punctual and able to make decisions under pressure.
- Physically fit and able,
- an interest in theatre and live performance an advantage.
- No prior experience necessary as training will be provided.
- If volunteers do have prior experience of stage-management then we may invite them to become chief lead.
Training and Support Offer
Training sessions at ‘meet & greets’ before and during the rehearsal period. On the two park-based rehearsal days on 24th and 25th July, volunteers who are available will be invited to attend a ‘technical rehearsal’ and ‘dress rehearsal’ so they can see how the show works, the locations used, and practice moving from site to site, with guidance from the creative team’s leader Jonathan Kaufman (producer/director) and the chief steward.
Travel expenses will be provided by prior agreement only.
Refreshments will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
Learn new skills, meet new people and make new friends, outdoor activity, support a community-based not-for-profit theatre company, satisfaction from being part of an exciting live event. A very good addition to your CV!
Email director/producer Jonathan Kaufman directly at email@example.com
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131