Current location is near Blackheath with a move to new location nearby in Lee Green)
9am-1pm Thursday. We run a rota so volunteers pack when they are available.
Lee Greens is a non-for-profit community business. We provide fresh organic vegetables for people in the local area. Our ethos is to support farmers, who farm sustainably by providing them a fair price for their produce.
Our scheme’s other objectives are to:
- Protect the environment by keep delivery miles to a minimum. This is achieved by delivering to local ‘pick up points’ (cafes, pubs etc) and not delivering to homes
- Support local businesses through the pick up point approach, thereby helping increase footfall into their establishments. Our customers collect their veg bags each week from the pick up points.
- Support local charities: Lee Greens donates surplus veg to the AFRIL’s (Action for Refugees in Lewisham) foodbank and also larger donations for their regular community dinner fundraising activities.
- Provide part-time employment in the community.
In 2017 Lee Greens won two awards: Mayor of Lewisham’s Business Award for Environmental Excellence and the Mayor’s award for Voluntary Contribution.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
We are looking for volunteers to work as part of a team packing veg into bags for our customers. Packing vegetables is a great way to meet other people in the community and have a chat over a cup of tea or coffee.
For your time we give you a bag of delicious, fresh, organic vegetables to take home.
Veg packing involves:
Weighing quantities of vegetables e.g. potatoes, carrot, onions or counting individual items and adding them to bags.
Lifting and carrying small boxes or sacks of veg will be required.
Help with the tidying up at the end
No experience need. Need to be fit and able to lift or carry small weights. Able to use a weighing scale and to count.
Full training provide. It is very simple.
Benefits of Volunteering to Individual
- Working as part of a team.
- Have fun chatting with other members of the community.
- Help make a difference in the community.
- Get a bag of organic veg to take home
Email Paula (Veg scheme co-ordinator) at email@example.com
or call Chris (Director) on 077966 74808
We will arrange a day for you to try out and if happy then you can be added to the rota.
To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form . If you have any questions call Aparna on 07378342131